Thursday, May 23, 2013

Moonlit OtterTail Kemosahbee, RN at LRCP 2013

My boy, Tonto, is growing up.  Well, not "up" so much as maturing.  He is a short fellow and will be small for life.  That makes him not the best show dog since all of the boys are bigger than he is now.  I love him anyway!

This picture was taken in April at the fabulous Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac Specialty Show.  He presented himself very well and I was pleased with that, along with some nice comments he got from breeders and spectators outside the ring (the judge did not care for him).  I will probably only show him a few more times as we are only doing it for fun and it isn't much fun if he doesn't fit in.  He will get another obedience title or two and spend the rest of his life being my little buddy.  It's funny because I particularly told his breeder I was hoping for a smaller dog than my last big boy who needed to be lifted and helped with walking at the end.  (Sweet Marius was a very big boy and I felt sad at the prospect of not being strong enough to ever help him as much as he needed.)  This munchkin is a classic example of "be careful what you wish for"!

Tonto is a lover and a gently sweetie pie.  He moves beautifully, strikes a handsome pose, and looks lovely running around in my yard.  He has an enduring smile, a wagging tail, happily greets everyone, and loves to ask for hugs.  That's the important stuff!

No comments: