Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cats this time

I created this painting of 2 cats as a wedding present for my niece and her new husband. They were married on 3 Feb. 2007 in Tampa, Florida. I flew down for the event, which was quite a feat for me since I do not like to fly and have not been on a plane since 1999. Now I am home again - home, sweet, home - back where I belong and back to painting.

I call this painting "Twogether". Leanne and Trey have 2 cats, so I thought they would enjoy this design. For me, this picture represents being together as friends and partners -- There for each other to lean on and rely on and share the experience of life, and yet, still unique individuals with your own hearts and minds and needs and interests.
This is an acrylic painting on canvas panel, 12" x 16". I call this style abstract realism. My husband, Jim, made a solid maple frame to finish off our wedding gift. It was fun to paint and try out new techniques and I hope the bride and groom enjoy it for many years to come.
Prints will be available in my OtterTail Art for Dog Lovers Shop as well as my gallery on Artist Rising. A modified design is also available on t-shirts, clothing and more great gifts for cat lovers.

No comments: