Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yellow Labrador Retriever Painting

Here is a painting of Reilly Blue that I decided to do as a memorial for our good friends and his last family. It is acrylic on watercolor paper. I did it in a somewhat more realistic style than I usually paint. Fixing red eye is a challenge and I always prefer to remove the collars. I also posed him sitting instead of lying down. The colors of my dog paintings do not always look the same on-line as they do in real life, but I think you can see his likeness. Prints of Reilly Blue will be available through my OtterTail Art for Dog Lovers Shop, as well as greeting cards and other products.

I have been painting silk scarves since I finished this Labrador portrait. Painting on silk is always fun because the colors flow so freely. Once those are all complete and photographed I will be rebuilding my hand-painted silk scarf page of my web site. There are silk scarves for dog lovers, wine and grape lovers and those who simply like colors and silk. I hope you will visit!

No comments: