Saturday, June 07, 2014

New Labrador Retriever Puppy at OtterTail

I am pleased to welcome this new little boy into the OtterTail pack.  I had recently started looking for a puppy, but did not expect to get one so soon.  Fate had a different idea and this boy became available.  He is the son of my Tonto's litter sister, making Tonto a true uncle as well as an honorary one.  I had this pup's mom, Vampire, here for training when she was about 7 months old and we quickly bonded.  I love her temperament just like I love Tonto's - and her good looks too.  So, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to have her son.

The sire is a handsome and popular young champion making this a match that was hard to resist.   I think he has a bright future as a stud dog, having already produced some eye-catching pups from other dams.

Like all of my puppies, this boy got started in training from the moment we arrived home.  Puppies learn so fast and are so eager - truly little blank slates waiting to be taught and shown.  You can see his first training video on my LabradorDogs channel at youtube, where I will also post more videos as training progresses.

I have not posted about this here yet, but I have been working on expanding spiritually for the past year.  This includes learning animal communication.  I contacted this pups mom, Vampire, a few weeks ago to ask about her and her puppies.  At that time this boy was destined for another home.  Vamp remembered me from when she was here and told me she wanted me to have one of her pups because she knew he would have a really good home here.  I thanked her, but figured the Universe had different plans.  Then things changed and through a quick and unexpected course of events here he is!  In keeping with my current journey and becoming a Lightworker and to add some balance to his mom and litter sister's who are all named following the "darkness" theme, I am happy to introduce:
Moonlit OtterTail Knight of the Light   aka  Mooki 
(CH Wiscoy's Jack Sparrow, JH x Moonlit's Queen of the Night).

No comments: