Sunday, June 28, 2009

Black Labrador Tallulah Earns a Rally Title

I am pleased to announce that my "Bearcat Woman" has earned her second title and my first ever Rally title. She is now officially Whitsprgs OtterTail Tallulah, CD, RN. Tallulah earned her first AKC rally obedience leg back in March with a perfect 100 point score and first place in her class. She finished this week with two 99 point scores - one for first place and one for second place. All in all I was very proud of her. Since we have done almost all of our training at home by ourselves, I am proud of myself too. The rally signs do make me nervous! There is lots of information online about Rally (or Rally-O, as it is often called) to help you get started and a nice Rally Group on Yahoo if you would like to discuss questions. You can download the official AKC regulations too. There are other clubs that offer competitions for mixed breed dogs, so everyone can play. Mostly it is another fun thing to do with your dog and leads to nice days out together when you are ready to compete. The more you teach your dogs, the smarter they become! So, happy training everyone - keep it fun and your dogs will work hard for you.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Wonderful Tallulah! I am so happy you are with such a great Mom--having the best life:-)

OtterTail said...

Thanks Ann - you would be proud of "our" girl. She got lots of complements for being cute and for her fine heeling. Of course she did not think people paid enough attention to her, but otherwise she had good times at the shows.